The Dirty Dozen Vol. 3
Viyet: Investment Pieces
Investing in quality furnishings with great lines is always a good idea...in our humble opinion. Finding quality pieces at a fraction of their retail value is an even better investment! And the easiest way to find a curated collection of amazingly priced, pre-loved luxury pieces is on Viyet - an online consignment store for luxury furnishings. The pieces are all from venerable brands constructed to last a lifetime – and worthy of revitalizing again and again. We've selected our top Viyet picks we'd love to get our hands on for a makeover!
Harvey Probber Love Seat
- Like a runway model, everything looks good on this frame!
- Take advantage of this versatile frame and reupholster in a zig zag pattern like "Funky Stripes" from Dedar.
- $2475 on Viyet
Lane "Brutalist" Dresser
- To be brutally honest - this piece is rad.
- The geometric blocks are begging to be color blocked! Lacquer in subtle shades of gray for a sophisticated look or vibrant colors for a youthful style
- $1510 on Viyet
Jan Ekselius Lounge Chairs
- Turn up the mojo on these groovy chairs by upholstering a textured metallic like Zinc Textiles "Penthouse" fabric.
- $2525 on Viyet
French Art Deco Daybed
- Honor the decadence of this piece and reupholster in extra plush faux fur like Caroline Dow's "Fuzzy Wuzzy" in mink.
- $9875 on Viyet
Vintage Italian Bench
- Those legs – bellisimo!
- Embrace the sex appeal of those legs and reupholster in a faux python leather.
- $5200 on Viyet
Vintage Club Chair
- Accentuate the curves of this chair by adding welting (aka piping). We love the look of tone on tone like Sandra Jordan Prima Alpaca fabric with Desginers Guild satin welting.
- $1435 on Viyet
Karl Springer Waterfall Desk
- Gushing over this waterfall design.
- Refinish the top with an exotic wood veneer that has gorgeous graining like a macassar ebony.
- $2275 on Viyet
Louis XV Dining Chairs
- Je suis Louis.
- Lacquer the frames in black high gloss for a modern twist. Replace the caning with a fun printed fabric like Madeline Weinrib's "Dapne Ikate"
- $1150 on Viyet
- Neo trad wannabe.
- Modernize this traditional piece by lacquering a vibrant color (we love Hermés orange) and replacing the hardware with more contemporary pulls.
- $970 on Viyet
Eugenio Escudero Dining Chairs
- Unique lines.
- These super unique framed chairs warrant an equally unique fabric - we love a laser cut hair-on cowhide from Theo.
- $5835 on Viyet
Hickory White Cabinet
- Lacquer the body in a super saturated color, like Hague Blue from Farrow and Ball, and line the front door panels with a textured paper like faux shagreen.
- $2880 on Viyet
1980s Brass Swivel Chairs
- Executive class.
- A favorite combo: polished brass pieces from the 80s paired with feminine colors like Schumacher's "Gainsborgh" velvet in blush.
- $1495 on Viyet