The world is chockablock full of amazing pieces awaiting another chance to shine. We've pulled together a dozen of our most recent favorites - their lines are superb and their prices are unbelievable. Each piece is simple to pick up in San Francisco (or ship to NYC!). Here's our take on one way to revitalize each piece.
Mid Century Modern Bench
- Standard issue goes ethno-chic
- Upholster in vibrant native pattern
- Etsy find in SF - $750
Pair of Hollywood Regency Dining Chairs
- Withered beauties - just need a fresh coat of lacquer, a little love in the saggy areas, new threads and voila!
- Upholster in Chinoisserie print - replace cane backs with upholstery
- Lacquer frames in high gloss
- Craigslist find in SF - wait for it...$10
1960s Channel-back Club Chairs
- We're a shell of our former self..revive us, please!
- Upholster in sumptuous pastel velvet
- Local Etsy find in SF - $750
Classic Clean-line Nightstands
- When your figure is this good you kinda have to show it off in leather
- Inlay a (faux) skin/hide on drawer and door fronts
- Lacquer body in soft neutral
- Etsy find in SF - $650
Pair of Bergère Chairs
- French milk maid today - Parisian chic tomorrow
- Modernize with black and white graphic upholstery fabric
- Lacquer frames black
- Etsy find in LA - $345
Pair of Mid Century Teak Arm Chairs
- James Dean to James Franco
- Keep the classic teak finish
- Upholster in timeless masculine fabric and lose the tufting
- Craigslist find in SF - $175
1920s Mahogany Chairs
- Heirlooms with power-potential to take on a totally 21st century look
- Strip to raw mahogany
- Upholster with large scale pattern
- Chairish find in SF - $345
Milo Baughman Style Chrome Dining Chairs
- What's more amazing - the lines on these chairs or the price!? PLEASE someone buy these now!
- Upholster in couture faux reptile - loose the tufting
- Craigslist find in SF - set of 6 chairs $599
Antique Full-size Head Board
- Ready to see some youthful ac-tion.
- Upholster head and foot board in fresh patterned fabric
- Leave frame exposed
- MoveLoot find - $149
Milo Baughman Recliner
- This ain't no Archie Bunker recliner!
- Go super lux with an Alpaca or plush mohair fabric
- Design Plus Consignment Gallery in SF - $1099
Pair of Plinth-base Nightstands
- What's the point to a plinth base unless you're going to really sass it up? It's like wearing penny loafers with a heel.
- Wrap base in polished brass/nickel
- Lacquer body in deep jewel tone
- Etsy find in SF - $650
Mid Century Walnut Dresser
- What can we say, sometimes it's hard to improve upon a classic
- Just needs an all over refinishing
- Craigslist find in SF - $220
Whether it's one of these fabulous finds or a piece you already own, revitalization is a snap with Revitaliste. We organize pick-up/delivery, provide design guidance and help you procure your favorite fabric - and you never even need to leave your home! Request an estimate here or get design guidance here.